Friday, May 18, 2012

Button Rings

This morning, I decided to look through my collection of craft ideas waiting to be tried.  Deciding on 'button rings' I went downstairs to my studio to dig through my buttons.  Also collecting my jewelry making supply tin, I headed back upstairs ready to begin. 

I created two lovely rings with supplies on hand.  It was very simple and I plan on doing this with my granddaughters this summer.  You can read about and learn this craft here.

I tried making one with two different gauges of wire.  First, I tried 24 gauge.  I felt that it was too thin, so I made a second ring using 20 gauge.  I like it better. Here's a view of my two creations.





Now, you have no excuse for not having a ring to match your outfit!  :)  Hmmm...one more thing to watch for at thrift stores and garage sales - fancy buttons! 

Happy Friday to you...

No comments:

Post a Comment