Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Busyness

It seems that for several years, seven at least, I have been keeping myself too busy to do what I love best.  Paint.  How do we do that?  WHY do we do that?  Or am I the only one? 

About 10 years ago, I painted this painting for a friend of her beloved horse, Dreamy.  It is done with watercolor and measures 17 x 19 inches.  Just last week, she called me and asked if I would paint portraits of two more horses.  "Of course", said I. Prince and Tomahawk are now in the line-up now.  Also last week, a friend found out that I used to teach art classes to children and asked if I would teach ten students for the month of June.  "Of course", said I again.  I am hoping these adventures will help me to eliminate all the 'other' busyness from my life as I focus in on what I enjoy most, art in all forms. 

No comments:

Post a Comment