Monday, September 3, 2012

Flower Power


 The paint is nice and dry now on the boots.  Let's begin with the white for the daisies.  That's an easy color to mix.  ;)  Remember to add an equal amount of textile medium. The red marker that I used tends to bleed through. When I let the paint dry in between coats, it covers just fine. 
I mixed up a couple of greens using Bright Yellow and Dark Blue by Craftsmart.  Here is how they look with the first coat on leaves, stems, daisies and Carousel Pink by Americana on the roses.  


I began second coats in the same order, because that gave time for each to dry a bit.  I added hints of blue on the daisies.  The daisy centers are a mix of Cherry Cobbler by Craftsmart mixed with Carousel Pink and Bright Yellow.  

The painting is all done.  Again, I will let them sit over night to completely dry.  Tomorrow, I will put on the finishing touches using dimensional paints.  Then, they will be ready to wear!!  ~~

No comments:

Post a Comment